Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Saturday, December 30, 2017

New Year's Spread

I really love the spread Helen Howell designed for a New Year’s reading, so I am going to use it with my newest deck, a Christmas gift: Spirit Within Tarot by Steven Bright (REDFeather).

I did make one change to the spread, using just one card in positions 3, 4, and 5 instead of three cards for each of those positions.

Designed by Helen Howell


Card 1: What appears to be the overall energy that surrounds you in the New Year?
Card 2: How can you make this year successful for you?
***
How can you make the best of your:
Cards 3: Health?
Cards 4: Career/work/job
Cards 5: Romantic Relationships? (or Relationships in general?)
Card 6: What one thing this year do you really need to change in your life?
Card 7: Based on the above cards, what is the overall outlook for the New Year?

* * * * *


Card 1: What appears to be the overall energy that surrounds you in the New Year?
NINE OF PENTACLES – “Personal achievement, satisfaction, independence, solitude”
I like this card very much as an indication of overall energy surrounding me in the New Year. I look forward to having a sense of security and awareness of my accomplishments to date.

Card 2: How can you make this year successful for you?
SEVEN OF PENTACLES – “Assessment, disappointment, evaluation, new options.”
It seems clear that I can make this year successful by continually assessing and evaluating what I am doing, facing and coping with disappointments when they arise, and actively considering new options. Even though the overall energy is that of satisfaction and achievement, I will still need to keep up with what is happening and how things are going.


How can you make the best of your:

Card 3: Health?
TEN OF WANDS – “Burdens, feeling overwhelmed or tired, duties.”
This rings so true for me, as I do find that I feel tired or fatigued on a regular basis. I know that I have always had a tendency to carry burdens that I don’t have to carry. I take my duties seriously, even when they are self-imposed (Virgo rising, Taurus Moon), and I need to be more careful about how I let this affect me.

Card 4: Career/work/job
SIX OF WANDS – “Success, recognition, awards, fame.”
Well, I have to like this, especially when combined with the Nine of Pentacles as overall energy for the year. I have more than one “career” and it will be fun to discover which one(s) will “take off” in 2018.

Card 5: Romantic Relationships? (or Relationships in general?)
FOUR OF WANDS – “Formal celebration, security, achievements, parties.”
Celebrating my relationships and the sense of security they bring sounds like a great idea to me. I don’t go to many (if any) parties, but just getting together now and then with friends or family can be a party of sorts.


Card 6: What one thing this year do you really need to change in your life?
FIVE OF WANDS – “Struggle, competition, different opinions, conflicting ideas.”
I think the message here is that I need to struggle less, compete less, and not take different opinions or conflicting ideas so much to heart. I need to ask myself, “Does this really matter?” when I feel that tendency to get upset or stressed out.

Card 7: Based on the above cards, what is the overall outlook for the New Year?
SEVEN OF WANDS – “Opposition, defense, courage, standing up for yourself.”
Well, in spite of all the success and accomplishment energy shown in previous cards, it does seem that I may come up against someone or something that requires me to defend myself and to stand my ground. I feel this “opposition” could come from outside or from within, as shown by the Five of Wands above. The Seven of Wands indicates that I am at an advantage, and I need to remember that. If I do have to fight, I am in a good position to do so successfully.

All Pentacles and Wands for 2018! I don’t see anything here that seems out of character or “outlandish” for me. It all makes a lot of sense.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see my spread working, I do have a couple of comments to make on your cards if that's ok. Six Wands, I agree that it suggest success and rewards, but it also suggest that to keep on top one must keep moving forward. Now I can see how this card links to the last one 7 Wands, I think it might also suggest that the overall outlook for this new year will be one of facing challenges, it suggest that one has to keep moving, enhancing one's skills and learning new techniques - it does like the 6 imply that there will be an overall progression but success will come but not without effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that makes perfect sense. Helen! Thanks for stopping by and for creating this spread.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna