Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tea Leaf Fortune Cards

Today's oracle card is from a deck called Tea Leaf Fortune Cards by Rae Hepburn (illustrated by Shawna Alexander).

I was on vacation years ago when I came across this deck in a shop, and it charmed me right into buying it. I love the round cards (round, like a teacup!) and the simple illustrations and keywords. I also like the incorporation of the Months of the Year and Astral House cards. Unfortunately, this deck is out of print.

Rather than just providing a discussion of one card, I decided to do one of the readings from the book that accompanies this deck. It's called The Coming Week spread.

As I mixed the cards I concentrated on what is happening in my life, my wishes, hopes and fears. I then drew one card and placed it face down. I did this six more times. The book stresses that the cards do not apply one-on-one to each day of the week, but rather the group of cards applies to the week as a whole.

The cards are placed in a straight line, as follows:

(1)....(2)....(3)....(4)....(5)....(6)....(7)

Here are the results:


(1) SEA HORSE (family matters)
(2) SKULL (hidden secrets can harm you)
(3) HAT (You will be playing a different role.)
(4) FINGER (Warning you of a problem either now or in the future)
(5) WEDGE (Someone is trying to come between you and a friend or something you want.)
(6) BASKET (Recognition. Reward for merit.)
(7) FLUTE (Disappointment in a friend or lover)

I now need to look at connections between the cards. I feel inclined to group the cards as follows:

Skull, Finger, Wedge, Flute: Apparently there is something brewing in the friendship arena. This may be related to something I don't want revealed that is going to be revealed by someone I thought was a friend or by someone who wants to damage my relationship with a friend. I may need to be extra cautious about sharing personal information with others.

Sea Horse, Hat: I can't explain why, but I feel the "different role" referenced by the Hat is connected with "family matters" (Sea Horse). As the week unfolds, I may be called upon to "wear a different hat" from the one I normally wear in my family.

Basket: This strikes me as the most pleasant card of the bunch, and I'm looking forward to seeing what it means! Recognition and Reward are always appreciated!

It will be interesting to see what transpires. . .

2 comments:

  1. I just love this little deck. I didn't realise it was out of print. I first saw this deck on another blog (can't remember which one) and they did a reading with it - I loved it then. I only wish I had it now!!

    I liked how you grouped the cards together.

    I hope to see more of this little deck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may have read that same blog post, and it reminded me that I had not done anything with this deck in awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna