Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Monday, July 12, 2021

REVIEW: Tarot by the Moon

R E V I E W

Tarot by the Moon
Spreads & Spells for Every Month of the Year
by Victoria Constantino
Llewellyn Publications
Paperback and Kindle

US Release: August 2021
UK/Canada: September 2021


_About My Reviews_

I hope this review is helpful! Below are links to sample readings I have posted using spreads from this book:

_Letting Go Spread (for July)_

Here are three of my favorite things about this book:

1. The Introduction. It covers so much great information, such as Tarot and the Moon, How to Make the Most of This Book, The Stance of This Book, Interpreting the Tarot, Numerological Correspondences, Tarot Symbols and Their Meaning, Preparation for Spells and Rituals, Days of the Week and Corresponding Energies, The Influences and Qualities of the Moon Phases, Unique Moons, and Color Correspondences.

2. The Spreads: These are grouped by month to go along with the Moon theme, but even if you ignore that, you have a fabulous collection of more than 60 spreads you can use at any time for any reason. A few of the titles, for example: What Is Developing (8 cards), I Direct My Attention (7 cards), Spiritual Illumination (11 cards), Trimming the Fat (8 cards).

3. Moon Descriptions/Names by Month: Each chapter features a few paragraphs about that particular month’s moon, for example, in July we have The Buck Moon, also referred to as the Thunder Moon, the Hay Moon, or the Wort Moon. Fascinating!

You are now probably wondering about the Spells and Rituals section. For example, Spells & Rituals for July are “Awakening Your Spiritual Gifts: A Tea Ritual,” “Turning Chaos into Order,” “Light of Positivity: A Healing Ritual,” and “A Thistle Protection Spell.” I don’t do spells or rituals, so I can’t really evaluate that part of the book. However, I will say that I’m pretty sure the quality and usefulness of the information on spells and rituals is equal to that of the rest of the book. I don’t think you can go wrong. 


[THE PUBLISHER'S] PRODUCT SUMMARY

“The energy of the moon has an undeniably powerful influence―on people, on plants and animals, and on the cycles and rhythms of the world. This book provides month-by-month tarot spreads, spells, and rituals to help you manifest the changes you want for yourself and your community.”

THE AUTHOR 

Victoria Constantino (Birmingham, AL) is a longtime tarot practitioner and seeker of visionary wisdom. She spent more than a decade as an editor and publisher of literary fiction and non-fiction, and was the managing editor for a prominent women's lifestyle magazine. She left the field of publishing to focus on her writing and spiritual practice. Her previous publications include poetry and fiction, and instructional guides for a business publisher. She attended the University of Oxford and holds a master's degree in writing.


In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, I hereby disclose that this product was provided by the publisher for free. Other than the occasional review copy, I receive no monetary or in-kind compensation for my reviews.  The substance of my reviews is not influenced by whether I do or do not receive a review copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna