Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Week at a Glance: The High Priestess

The purpose of drawing a "Week at a Glance" card is to get a sense of the sort of energy, circumstances, or personal qualities I might need to be aware of during the upcoming week.

For the week of March 10, 2013 I am using the Mandala Astrological Tarot by A.T. Mann (Thorsons).

My card is THE HIGH PRIESTESS,
drawn on its side with the title to the left.


Before I continue, I need to explain that these are square cards, and their meaning can differ based not just on the reversed (upside down) position but on the placement of the upper title to the left or right. When the card is draw like this one, the quality of the card is carried in the personality and acted out.

So this week I am likely to experience the energy of The High Priestess in my personality (or someone else's personality?), and acted out.

A.T. Mann writes that "The High Priestess is the potential uniting intelligence of subconscious memory. . . The truth is hidden and may be discovered only through intuition, divination, feminine wisdom or revelation." Artistic and psychic abilities are emphasized.

Like the Golden Dawn, Mann associates The High Priestess with the Moon, representing emotions, intuition, and the subconscious in astrology. Mann includes a crab on his High Priestess card because the Moon rules the sign Cancer. Mann also includes the sign Taurus on his card because the Moon is exalted in Taurus. This is especially interesting to me, as my natal Moon is in Taurus. We also have the Hebrew letter Gimel, meaning camel (a lunar symbol according to Mann).

This feels like a highly personal card to me, and I feel that I need to be aware and open to an important revelation or unveiling of some sort that could be provided by my subconscious through dreams or meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna