Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

An Interview with the Cat's Eye Tarot


The Management (aka my five cats) had a meeting and decided one of them should interview the fabulous font of felinity known as the Cat's Eye Tarot.* (To read my review of this deck, click HERE.)

The Management
 
As their servant, I naturally agreed to their plan. They elected the lovely Karma (aka Karmalita, Kars, or Karsby) to conduct the interview. They also stated that they would not require my presence during the interview, and that they would arrange for the interview to be transcribed and delivered to me at their convenience.

On the day of the interview, I kept out of sight. Scratching sounds accompanied by bumping noises and hissing suggested that the Cat's Eye representative had arrived. I now give you the transcript provided by my cats...

How would you describe your essence or essential energy?

THE FOOL

I'm always willing to take a leap of faith, to begin an adventure, to follow wherever my curiosity leads me. And you'll notice that I do not have a silly little dog nipping at my heels. That's just not going to happen. I eat silly little dogs for breakfast.

Which card do you feel reflects my human's essence or essential energy?
 
PAGE OF SWORDS

Well, let's see. According to the Purrsonality Types created by Dr. Givin,  your human is type CADV -- Cautious, Aloof, Defiant, and Vocal. I bet she tries to boss you around a lot. I do appreciate that she is young at heart and someone who uses the mind she was given.

What story do you hope to tell my human?

THE CHARIOT

I hope to tell your human a story of success through willpower, self-assertion, and self-control. As any cat worth his or her salt will agree, it's about taking the reins of your life, taking responsibility, and taking charge of the direction in which your life is going.

What should my human not expect from you?

THE MAGICIAN

She should not expect me to perform magic (although I can, of course, and I will -- at my own discretion). I will reveal ways in which she can access her own power, but I will not wield that power for her. She may choose to follow my example, but ultimately her own conscious awareness must guide her.

Which card most closely represents you and my human as a team?

THE EMPEROR

We operate together within a certain structure or discipline, taking turns as the father figure and the child. If she is patient with me, I will return the favor. We will enjoy the security of our own company, yet experience personal freedom. Ours will be a predominantly domestic relationship, one of significant yet controlled power.

My thoughts: I am impressed by the fact that four of the five cards in this reading are Major Arcana cards. This tells me that The Cat's Eye Tarot and I have an opportunity to explore important spiritual matters together, and to increase understanding of the spiritual realm. (I especially like the fact that The Magician closely resembles Karma...)

As for the CADV designation... um... No comment.

* Cat's Eye Tarot
By Debra M. Givin, DVM
Published by U.S. Games Systems, Inc.

7 comments:

  1. Well it certainly looks a cute deck and I found your interview informative and entertaining. I could see this deck being used for children and even those who are a little nervous of a tarot reading.

    I'm not as you know a cat deck person - although I'm a cat person, but for those who are I'm sure this deck will not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen! LOL - surely I can't be the only person who enjoys cat-themed decks! Where are the rest of you?!?!

    I'm glad you enjoyed the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zanna, I have come to LOVE your interviews!! I AM meeting with some wonderful Tarot Lovers in less than two weeks, and I think I AM going to share this one and maybe one other with them when I do. By the way, ALL of your cats are beautiful, but Kama and Gizmo are GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zanna, so sorry! I meant Karma, not Kama. And Sofia, too, is GORGEOUS! By the way, my nickname is "thetarotman," but I have been enjoying using my real name, for a change. Again, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Robert! Great to *see* you. The cats and I appreciate your kind words. They are all strays/shelter cats, so this proves that you don't have to purchase a pure-bred cat to have a beautiful companion.

    I'm glad you are enjoying my interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview, Zanna and Karma! :) I'm beginning to warm to this deck. I agree with Helen's comment about it being a good deck for people who are a bit spooked by the tarot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Lisa. I appreciate you stopping by! Yes, this deck definately falls in the "cute" rather than "creepy" category! (Unless you have Ailurophobia, of course!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna