Although Jody Bergsma mentions the five Elements (Air, Fire, Water, Earth, Spirit), this reading uses the Four Directions: East, South, West, and North. I don't see any information in the LWB explaining which element is linked to which direction. Since the spread is called the "Elemental Influences Spread," it seems like we should incorporate some sort of directional-elemental correlation. I am using the following correspondences:
- South = Fire
- West = Water
- East = Air
- North = Earth
(1) New Beginnings (Air: Who helps me, who is beside me in the East?)
(2) Personal Power and Strength (Fire: Who helps me, who is beside me in the South?)
(3) Manifestation and Flow (Water: Who helps me, who is beside me in the West?)
(4) My place in the world (Earth: Who helps me, who is beside me in the North?)
(5) The Spirit Within (Who is within me and gives me guidance?)
(1) New Beginnings: CHANGE (Air: Who helps me, who is beside me in the East?)
CHANGE is a wonderful card to see in the position of "New Beginnings." After all, the word "New" implies change. This card is about embracing transformation, letting go of the past, eliminating negatives, and making room for all things positive and beautiful. This is a change that is much needed and welcome.
(2) Personal Power and Strength: PROSPERITY (Fire: Who helps me, who is beside me in the South?)
This card tells me that true prosperity comes when I am able to focus on the good and happy moments. I have the power and strength to expect and receive good things in life.
(3) Manifestation and Flow: CREATION (Water: Who helps me, who is beside me in the West?)
My life has always been about finding ways to channel my creativity. This card reminds me that I am the creator of my dreams, and only I can make the choices that create my life.
(4) My place in the world: ANTICIPATION (Earth: Who helps me, who is beside me in the North?)
My place in the world can be a place of Anticipation -- expecting the best at all times, looking for the guideposts that show me the way to unknown blessings.
(5) The Spirit Within: METAMORPHOSIS (Who is within me and gives me guidance?)
This card brings me full circle, as it (like Change) represents transformation. By being open to Metamorphosis, my Spirit is able to accept that change has its own timing, and everything is a process, an evolution from one state to another. I can be patient and trust the process.
In general, the creatures depicted on these five cards are not ones that I normally feel attracted to. We have three insects, a bird, and frogs. I don't sense that any of these creatures are "totems" for me, but I will not ignore their presence in this reading. Two of the cards feature fairies. I am not a huge fan of fairies, but I am going to try to be a little bit more open to their messages because of this reading.