Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Week at a Glance: The Hermit

The purpose of drawing a "Week at a Glance" card is to get a sense of the sort of energy, circumstances, or personal qualities I might need to be aware of during the upcoming week.

For the week of May 5, 2013 I am using the Thoth Tarot by Aleister Crowley (U.S. Games Systems, Inc.).

My card is THE HERMIT.
Trump 9. Virgo. Yod (the Hand).

In a nutshell, I look at this card as representing both illumination and isolation. Isolation can lead to illumination, and illumination might reveal a need for isolation. I am taking the opportunity this week to read about this card in a variety of sources, including Crowley's own Book of Thoth, to gain a better understanding of the symbolism in the card.

I especially like Banzhaf and Theler's comments from their Keywords for the Crowley Tarot (WeiserBooks). Using their analysis, this week I am being encouraged to let something mature and to take myself seriously. I am being warned against embitterment, cranky solitary ways (who, me?) and unworldiness.

This week, a blend of illumination and isolation may help me clarify what I really want, based on my own nature and individuality. By refusing to allow myself to be pushed or controlled by others, I can come to terms with and advocate for my own personal approach. Once I do that, I may find that others look to me for direction and illumination.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna