Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

THE HIGH PRIESTESS - Astrological Associations



Order of the Golden Dawn (OGD)
The attribution for The High Priestess is the Moon, ruler of the zodiac sign Cancer (Water), a sign known for being sensitive, emotionally nurturing, protectiveness, moodiness, dependence, and a strong connection to the past.




One World Tarot by Crystal Love
The High Priestess is associated with the zodiac sign Virgo (Earth), a sign associated with efficient, precise, analytical, critical, introverted perfectionists.


A.E. Thierens, PhD. (Astrology & the Tarot)
The High Priestess, Trump 2, is associated with the zodiac sign Taurus (Earth), the second sign of the zodiac, a sign associated with sound, art, faith, and richness.



The Celestial Tarot by Brian Clark
The High Priestess is linked to the Moon, ruler of the zodiac sign Cancer (Water). Clark writes: "The Moon records out inner biography informed by the shades and textures of our familial inheritance and emotional responses." Clark uses Selene, the original Greek goddess of the Moon, to represent The High Priestess.





The Mandala Astrological Tarot by A.T. Mann
The High Priestess is associated with the Moon, along with the zodiac signs Cancer (which the Moon rules) and Taurus (in which the Moon is exalted).






The Whispering Tarot by Liz Hazel
This deck links The High Priestess with "the Moon; specifically, the waxing moon, from three days after new to three days before full."



Except for Love's One World Tarot, all of these decks indicate an attribution for The High Priestess related in some way to the Moon (Thierens chooses the sign Taurus, in which the Moon is exalted).

Personally I get a much more "Watery" feeling from The High Priestess than an "Earthy" feeling. The High Priestess seems to operate at a subconscious or highly spiritual level that can often seem as mysterious as the Moon.

I welcome your comments!

Zanna

9 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you Zanna here that the HP feels more watery and mysterious than Earthy.

    I loved the The Celestial Tarot's High Priestess and what Clark wrote about it.


    I can see the connection to the HP and the Moon symbolising the mysterious side of the HP . I understand also that the Moon reflects the sun light back to us and so becomes a symbole of a go between the Earth/physical and the spiritual side. It seems to tie in with the duality of the HP and her ability to recognise her conscious and unconscious in order to bring them together in harmony.

    I am really enjoying your comparisons Zanna and they are making me think a little more about the astrological links to the cards.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this! I look forward to returning to your blog in the future! Strangely, The High Priestess feels more like Earth to me. Water flows. The wind pushes it one way and the moon pulls it another. Much of Water's power lies in its fluidity. But, The High Priestess requires another kind of strength. She is the guardian of the Mysteries and bars access to the world beyond the Veil to those that are unprepared. She will not be moved. When I think of discerning earth in the Zodiac, Virgo comes to mind. The Harvest Goddess. The independent, clear thinking woman who separates the wheat from the chafe. Perhaps I am biased, as I am a Virgo Sun and Moon :-) Thank you for sharing your heart through your words...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! You make some very good points.

      Delete
  3. The Moon tarot card correspondence is Pisces-Cancer is associated with The Chariot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In some systems, that is true. The point of this blog post is to share various astrological associations from various sources. Naturally, you are free to choose the system that makes sense to you when using the cards.

      Delete
  4. Am I crazy or does the moon at the high priestess feet and black and white just like the chariot not identify as a cancer I will say the only other sign I think will be quiet on a secret is definitely Virgo as well they have a matural maturity about themselves. Where do people get Pisces and Taurus I don’t think that personality fits a Pisces or Taurus . But a lot of readers just exclude cancers and Virgos from the high priestess and I just stop listening because if your going to have an ego about it then count me out. Either call out all the original given associated signs to the card or don’t mislead people to thinking it’s a Pisces card cuz it feeds your ego. It’s BS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! The point of this blog post is to share various astrological associations from various sources. Naturally, you are free to choose the system that makes sense to you when using the cards.

      Delete
    2. I agree it’s one of my biggest pet peeves. I don’t believe that the high priestess card should be used for anything other than Virgo. I believe the chariot is cancer and I also believe the moon should be cancer and not Pisces. I feel like the hangman is Pisces. Just like I believe the empress should be Taurus and not libra.

      Delete
  5. Totally agree HP is Virgo. Pisces is 2 fish underwater swimming away from each other. I have never known a Pisces that shows anything more than surface level anything. Not a HP representative at all, never in harmony with their mind, body and spirit. From my personal experiences, their spiritual belief is whatever makes them look good. No discernment between high/low vibration, the crescent moon in HP means there is discernment as it’s on the side of the light pillar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna