Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Friday, October 28, 2016

Oracle Card: Oracle of Visions

It has just come to my attention that I have not done a write-up on a single oracle card (with the exception of the “Listen to the Animals” series) since 2010.

Better late than never! My oracle message today comes from the Oracle of Visions by Ciro Marchetti  (US Games). To read my review of this deck, click HERE.

Today’s message is delivered by Card 36: Entrapment, Limitations, Restrictions, Complications. 


(Interesting side note: After shuffling the cards, while cutting them to select a card, I was staring at the cover of the guidebook that comes with this deck. I drew my card, which turned out to be the one on the cover!)

Ciro Marchetti provides the following quotation for this card: “We have more ability than willpower, and it is often an excuse to ourselves that we imagine that things are impossible.” – François de la Rochefoucauld

The angel on this card cannot fly because her wings are entangled by red ribbons symbolizing troubles, obstacles, and fear. Overwhelmed by her feelings of entrapment, she does not notice the nearby sword that could be used to cut her ties and set her free.

In my birth chart, the planet Saturn (planet of lessons and limitations) is in my First House, the house of the Self. People with this placement of Saturn tend to be serious, shy, and cautious, with a strong desire for stability, predictability, and structure. We are seen to be limited, not willing or able to express ourselves openly. Our self-confidence tends to be low.

I am sharing all of this because, to me, Card 36 of this oracle seems to be calling my attention to a part of my basic nature that could affect what I do with the troubles, obstacles, and fears I face. The key is for me to acknowledge the Saturn-First House connection, but not to blame it or allow it to control me or blind me. Anxiety comes naturally to people with Saturn in the First House, but that doesn’t alter the fact that we have ways and means to liberate ourselves from a negative or self-limiting mind set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna