Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Twelve Houses of the Zodiac Reading: Part 3


The Twelve Houses of the Zodiac Tarot Spread

Excerpted from 
Tarot Awareness: Exploring the Spiritual Path
by Stephen Walter Sterling

I recently came across the Twelve Houses of the Zodiac Spread by Stephen Walter Sterling on line, and I loved the way each house/sign was described in the positional definitions. This spread forms a pattern resembling the astrological birth chart, beginning with Aries and ending with Pisces.


For the purposes of this blog, I am going to do the spread in three “installments.” Part 1 included Houses 1-4. Click _HERE_ to read. Part 2 included Houses 5-8. Click _HERE_to read.

Part 3 includes Houses 9-12. I am using Tarot of the Spirit by Pamela and Joyce Eakins (U.S. Games Systems, Inc.)



PART 3

(9) The House of Philosophy, Sagittarius: Does life hold any particular depth of meaning for you? What are you aiming for? Where do you want to go? What is the nature of your belief system? What do you value? (Fire)

FOUR OF EARTH: Power (Sun in Capricorn) / Traditional Name: 4 of Pentacles
With the Four of Earth, we see the sort of power that protects, guards, and defends me from loss or destruction. It’s about being vigilant about keeping what is mine, what I have worked or fought for, that which is valuable to me. The danger in doing so is that if I focus on preventing loss, I risk losing a sense of what brings true satisfaction.

(10) The House of Pragmatism, Capricorn: What areas of our life do you need to apply practical methods? Where do you need grounding? (Earth)

FIVE OF WIND: Fear (Venus in Aquarius) / Traditional Name: 5 of Swords
Eakins interprets this card as being “trapped in a self-designed prison of negative energy from the past.” There is a sense of intellectual or mental energy taking control and running away with me, and if that is the case, a dose of grounding and practicality could be useful. There is a need to try to see thing as they really are, not how I imagine or fear them to be. Instead of spending so much time “in my head,” I need to become more invested in the “real world.”

(11) The House of Originality, Aquarius: The individual searches for identity with a new approach. How do you relate to others in the process? (Air)

THE MYSTERY CARD
For this position, I have drawn “The Mystery Card,” a card that is unique to this Tarot deck. It is viewed as a card of “birth, death and karmic transitions; incredible power, magic and wonder.” Very appropriate for “The House of Originality,” I think! You can view a fascinating video by Pamela Eakins about this card _HERE_.

(12) The House of Intuition, Pisces: Where is listening to the Inner Voice of critical importance? How is your psychic development proceeding? (Water)

EARTH SISTER: Revelation (Aries, Taurus, Gemini) / Traditional Name: Page of Pentacles
I love that in this deck, Earth Sister represents “the brink of transformation,” advising me that “something new is coming” and I am “moving steadily, with stability.” Few ideas are more appealing when applied to The House of Intuition and psychic development. I like the sense of being “at the beginning” of something but also prepared/ready for that transformation to take place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna