Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Medicine Wheel Reading with Power Animal Oracle

Today I am using a spread I found at e-tarocchi.com called the Medicine Wheel Reading. As stated on the website: “This reading explores the energies present in your life in each area of the Medicine Wheel. Choose this spread when you need a greater understanding of the inner forces at work in your life today.”

I am using the Power Animal Oracle Cards by Steven D. Farmer, Ph.D. (Hay House).

The layout:

……………………NORTH………………………
……………………………………………………….
.....WEST..…………CENTER……….…....EAST.....
……………………………………………………….
…………………...SOUTH………………………


Core Medicine Wheel Influence
Center: The animal spirit that appears in the center of the Medicine Wheel
reflects who you are at this point in time.


DEER (Pathfinder) – At this point in time, I am in a position or have an opportunity to find the path I need to be on, the direction or way I need to go. The key is to use all my senses to gather information, then let my instinctual self absorb that awareness without analyzing, critiquing, or studying it. Over-thinking is my enemy in this situation. There is no need to “figure it out.” Instead, I need to let my senses transmit and receive that awareness at a “gut level.”


Northern Medicine Wheel Influence
North: The animal that appears in the North shows you how to walk your talk. 
Here lies your connection with your Higher Self.


PORCUPINE (Innocence) – It appears that my connection with my Higher Self is a prickly one. The barrier may be a tendency to harbor guilt, resentment, arrogance, or feelings of being victimized. Like the quills of a porcupine, these tendencies keep me separated from my Higher Self. The key is to “see the world through the eyes of a child,” trusting my “inner mother and father” to be there whenever I need them. My Higher Self is willing and able to protect and nourish me, but first I must grant myself permission to have that protection and nourishment, no matter what I may feel guilty or resentful about.

Western Medicine Wheel Influence
West: The animal that appears in the West holds the answer
to your present challenge.


BEAR (Boundaries) – I am not consciously aware of a “present challenge” in my life, at least not anything significant. We all have many challenges from day to day and week to week. To better understand what my present challenge is and to find an answer to that challenge, I need to look to the Bear, whose motto in this deck is “Stand your ground.” This card is about defining who I am and who I am not, and letting that determine whether my response will be “yes” or “no.” Establishing limits need not alienate other people. Knowing I can say “No” doesn’t mean I have to say “No.” But in any given situation, I need to return to that initial understanding of who I am and who I am not.


Eastern Medicine Wheel Influence
East: This animal reveals the direction you need to take 
in order to gain clarity about your present situation.


COYOTE (Wise Fool) – This card suggests that my own self-consciousness or overly serious view of myself could be interfering with my ability to gain clarity about my present situation. My tendency to attack or shame myself for foolish behavior gets in the way of discovering more important lessons and truths. Self-acceptance is not refusing to see our failings or faults; it is recognizing and acknowledging those failures and faults, and loving ourselves unconditionally. If I can allow myself to laugh at relatively minor follies, I am more likely to find the teaching in them.


Southern Medicine Wheel Influence
South: This animal explores issues dealing with your inner child, 
and shows the energy needed to trust your own process.


DRAGONFLY (Illusion) – My inner child knows who I really am and trusts my own process. When I am out of touch with that spirit, I may wear a mask or create an illusion about who I am, hoping that one of those personas will be more acceptable to others than my real self. The Dragonfly advises me that I need to reveal more of my true self, saving the masks or illusions for the rare occasion when they might be necessary for survival. Before I act or respond in a situation, it might benefit me to ask, “Is this who I really am?”

In summary, the messages from this group of animals are:

  • Trust your instincts to guide you through this situation.
  • Free yourself of guilt and shame.
  • Stand your ground.
  • Accept your follies and find the teaching in them.
  • You know who you really are.


Great advice!

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna