Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Five-Ten-Fifteen / Mystical Cats Tarot

Wow, it’s been a VERY long time since I did this little exercise! Be forewarned: I am using a deck I just received in the mail – Mystical Cats Tarot by Lunaea Weatherstone, with art by Mickie Mueller (Llewellyn).

(Watch for my review of this deck here on the blog at a future date!)

For now, I am going to just jump right in and “throw” some cards.

The purpose of this 3-card spread is to help me determine what area(s) of life need my attention at this time. For this spread, I shuffle the deck then count down to the 5th card in the stack and turn it over. Next I count down to the 10th card after that and turn it over. Finally, I count down to the 15th card after that and turn it over. Is there a significance to five-ten-fifteen? I don't know. It just sounded good to me!

The three cards go into the following positions:
1.....2.....3
(1) Urgent. Deal with this right now.
(2) Important but not urgent. Can be set aside for now, but don't forget.
(3) Not important. Not urgent. Let it go. Forget it.


(1) Urgent. Deal with this right now.
THE LOVERS
Somehow I just knew this card (or something with a similar message) would show up here. Without going into a lot of personal detail, I will simply say that a significant relationship does need to be on the front burner right now, along with a significant choice or decision about how to continue within that relationship. In the book that accompanies this deck, Luneae Weatherstone writes, “small irritations may bring on a hiss now and then, but their love is bigger than any quarrel.” I hope so.

(2) Important but not urgent. Can be set aside for now, but don't forget.
SIX OF FIRE, rx
When this card is drawn reversed, it can refer to the danger of letting power go to my head or the possibility that others are against me due to jealousy or resentment. On this card, an alpha cat accepts tokens of admiration from other cats. As long as he truly deserves their respect and admiration, all will be well.

(3) Not important. Not urgent. Let it go. Forget it.
FIRE KING
Like the alpha cat on the Six of Fire, the Fire King is a powerful figure – confident, gallant, and courageous. I get the sense that in this position, the Fire King is telling me to let go of a desire for control, power, or leadership in relationships right now. This is not the time to go to the mat to prove that I’m the “top cat.” Sometimes strength is better shown by being willing to cooperate or compromise, by respecting others, and by letting somebody else “win” once in awhile.

A lot of truth in these three cards for me! Those two “boss cats” from the Fire family seem to point a finger straight at my Sagittarius Sun, warning me that ego and bluntness and combativeness are not among my more attractive qualities, and I would be wise to put a lid on that sort of thing for awhile.

4 comments:

  1. Indeed a very significant reading. To much control can be stifling for any relationship. I hope everything will be fine.
    Love the deck! I think it is a must have for every cat lover :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen. I have a hard time acknowledging the desire to take control because I see myself as being flexible, adaptable, and easy going. And I really am, for the most part. But I also think I have a blind spot in that area that gets me into trouble. I agree about the deck being a must have for cat lovers!

      Delete
  2. Zanna, thank you for this.

    It had been too long since I had visited your blog, and your Timing could not have been more appropriate, Divine, and/or Goddess-Graced.

    First, let me state that today, I AM going to a doctor to deal with a health issue that does need my immediate attention. I have been calling upon Archangel Raphael, the Divine Healer of the Archangels for more than a week, and He Is traditionally depicted on "The Lovers Card of the Tarot.

    Second, I was forewarned about this situation last year, and I was told by a wonderful Psychic that I shall be OK (and I have been told this by my Psychic Guides, and close friends and loved ones, too, including a wonderful Medical Intuitive, as well as a medical doctor).

    Finally, the Fire King certainly corresponds to my Rising-Sign Leo (which rules the Heart, which is a body part that needs to extra TLC lately, hence my doctor visit today).

    I AM fully aware that you pulled these Tarot Cards for you, but I cannot deny how much they resonate with me.

    And I look forward to using this Spread the next time I give Readings at a public venue.

    Thank you, Zanna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please accept the healing energy I send your way, tarotman. My own husband is dealing with heart-related issues right now, so your situation hits home. I am pleased that you like the spread and I hope you enjoy using it. Take care, hugs, and many blessings to you!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna