Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ace of Swords and The Crane

Wow, it has been a long time since I played Day of the Druids! This involves asking the cards what I need to be aware of today using The DruidCraft Tarot and the Druid Animal Oracle.

The positional definitions are:

(1) Not only... (2) But also...

Here we go!

(1) Not only...ACE OF SWORDS (DruidCraft)
Key Words: Clarity, Success, Clean Break
Element: Air (Thinking, Intellect, Mind)
Direction: East, Sunrise

(2) But also...THE CRANE (Druid Animal Oracle)
Key Words: Secret Knowledge, Patience, Longevity
Elements: Water and Air
Direction: East, Sunrise

When I look at these two cards side by side, I am struck by the settings, which include both water and air. Even though the Ace of Swords is an "Air card," the image shows a huge lake. I notice the similarity in the ripples surrounding the upraised arm holding the sword and the Crane's leg.

I get the sense that not only do I need to be mentally aware and alert for a new idea or approach to something, I also need to listen to my intuition and subconscious mind. If I am patient, I should be able to use both intellect and intuition, reason and emotion, to gain clarity and forge a new direction.  I will not benefit from separation of mind and heart.

Please Note: I am aware that the DruidCraft deck is not strictly a "Druid" deck. The word "Craft" in the title alerts us to the fact that this deck incorporates both Wicca and Druidry.


The DruidCraft Tarot (deck and book set). Text copyright Philip and Stephanie Carr Gomm 2004. Illustrations copyright Will Worthington 2004. This edition copyright Eddison Sadd Editions 2004. ISBN 0 312 31502 3.

The Druid Animal Oracle by Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm. Card Illustrations by Bill Worthington. Fireside: Simon & Schuster, Inc. Text copyright Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm 1994. Card illustrations copyright Bill Worthington 1994. This edition copyright Eddison Sadd Editions 1994. ISBN not known.


  1. lovely art, love the idea of the positional meanings/reading, and lovely message to keep in mind as well :]

    1. I'm glad you liked it, Bonkers. Thanks for stopping by!

  2. Nice reading, I think I must have a go at this too! ^_^

    1. Thanks, Helen. Let me know how it works for you.


Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna