Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Thursday, October 12, 2017

All-Around Advice Spread with Hidden Realm

Today’s offering is an “All-Around Advice Spread” from the book Journey into the Hidden Realm by Barbara Moore. This book accompanies the deck Tarot of the Hidden Realm, with art by Julia Jeffrey (Llewellyn). I love these cards and I wanted to spend some time with them today.

I am not thinking about any specific “situation,” just taking the spread for a trip around the block, so to speak.

The layout for the “All-Around Advice Spread” looks like this:


Court Card represents me in this situation (what aspect of me is most 
present and reacting to what is happening). 


KNIGHT OF PENTACLES: The aspect of me that is most present and reacting to what is happening in this situation is the practical, physical, material, determined – and perhaps stubborn – aspect. I have this “in Spades” (so to speak), thanks to Virgo rising and a Taurus moon, with my sun in the Sagittarius-Capricorn cusp. This Knight is known for a quiet demeanor that helps him maintain a high level of awareness. Solid and watchful, he can sometimes be seen as dull or lazy, but his dedication and determination cannot be overestimated. I am responding to the situation with a balanced, down-to-earth, steady, careful approach.

Major Arcana card represents the lesson that is woven into this situation.


THE MAGICIAN: The lesson woven into this situation relates to personal power and the skillful use of force of will, the heart, the mind, and physical resources. There is an opportunity to learn how to control and manifest internal power to create a solution or path in the world.

Wands card represents something I can do to help the situation.


TWO OF WANDS: To help the situation, I can look at the pros and cons of various approaches and decide where and how best to invest my energy. I can balance conflicting ideas or approaches so that they augment or support each other instead of competing against each other. I also see this card as perhaps suggesting that I can help the situation by combining my energy with that of another person – two heads are better than one.

Swords card represents something I can say or communicate to help the situation.


FOUR OF SWORDS: I can say or communicate the need for stability and analysis rather than “knee-jerk reactions” to the situation. I can express the importance of quieting the mind in order to reflect and discover a reasonable approach that will help solve rather than intensify any problems.

Cups card represents a feeling to encourage or express that will help the situation.


NINE OF CUPS: I can encourage or express feelings of satisfaction or contentment experienced in the past and upon which the present has been built. The positive feelings associated with past success and achievement can keep emotional responses to the current situation from overwhelming me or others involved. Life is made up of patterns and cycles, and we are strongest when we accept and value not only the joys and laughter, but the hurts and regrets, as part of what makes us whole.

Pentacles card represents something I can create or give that will help the situation.


EIGHT OF PENTACLES: In this situation I can create or give a sense of commitment and discipline that will help me (and others) make progress in dealing with the situation. This card reinforces the message of the Knight of Pentacles by emphasizing the importance of Earth qualities in addressing the situation.

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting spread and reading. I liked that it included all elements, earth, fire, water and air. It shows how you can logically, emotionally, physically and materialise the solution to your situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it did seem to give me some interesting insights even though i didn't have a specific situation in mind. I will certainly try to remember to use it if I do want to look at a specific situation! Thanks for stopping by, Helen.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna