Before I continue, I must warn you that I am going to pursue this in a spirit of fun, and I fully expect the cards to enjoy playing along. My guests are:
- Tarot of the Gnomes by Antonio Lupatelli (Lo Scarabeo)
- Tarot of the Cat People by Karen Kuykendall (U.S. Games Systems)
- Tarot of the Animal Lords by Angelo Giannini (Lo Scarabeo)
- The Fantastic Menagerie Tarot (Magic Realist Press)
- Shapeshifter Tarot by D.J. Conway and Sirona Knight, illustrated by Lisa Hunt (Llewellyn Publications)
Tarot of the Gnomes
Opinion of Clinton: The Hierophant (Earth / Trump 5)
The gnomes see Clinton as a wise guide and advisor, a representative of “the establishment.”
Chance of winning: Regina di Spade (Queen of Swords/Air)
The gnomes see her chance of winning as being strong.
Opinion of Trump: Cavaliere di Coppe (Knight of Cups / Water)
For the gnomes, Trump is a seducer, presenting himself as courageous and courteous to win and keep supporters.
Chance of winning: Re di Spade (King of Swords/Air)
The gnomes also see Trump’s chances of winning as being strong.
Tarot of the Cat People
Bravery. Skill. Capacity. Opposition and war. Impetuous rush into the unknown.
Chance of winning: 4 of Pentacles/Earth (not strong, but she can improve those chances by overcoming selfishness, envy, or bad debts)
Opinion of Trump: 8 of Wands (Fire)
Sudden progress or movement. Hastily made decisions. Too rapid advancement.
Chance of winning: 9 of Wands/Fire (strong)
Tarot of the Animal Lords
Student, new ideas; need for a guide, loss of money
Chance of winning: King of Wands/Fire (strong)
Opinion of Trump: Temperance (Fire / Trump 14)
Moderation, patience, agreement; dislike, tension, tiredness
Chance of winning: The Tower/Fire (strong)
The Fantastic Menagerie Tarot
Generosity, generosity with strings attached; lack or excess of generosity
Chance of winning: Ace of Swords/Air (strong)
Opinion of Trump: Queen of Swords (Air)
Intellectual and witty; mean and spiteful, a shrewd gossip
Chance of winning: The Fool/Air (strong)
Love, harmony, kindred soul, preparation for positive changes
Chance of winning: Ace of Wands/Air* (strong)
Opinion of Trump: The Star (Air / Trump 17)
Illumination, inspiration, psychic energy, hopes and ideals
Chance of winning: God of Fire / King of Swords* (strong)
Although the polls currently show Clinton gaining ground against Trump, the cards in general seem to feel both have a strong chance of winning. Tarot of the Cat People had reservations about Clinton, but offered suggestions on how she could improve her chances.
- The Hierophant / Queen of Swords
- Knight of Swords / 4 of Pentacles
- Knave (Page) of Pentacles / King of Wands
- Six of Coins / Ace of Swords
- Two of Cups / Ace of Wands
- Knight of Cups / King of Swords
- Eight of Wands / Nine of Wands
- Temperance / The Tower
- Queen of Swords / The Fool
- The Star / King of Swords
Perhaps not surprisingly, the cards linked Trump with four Trump cards to Clinton’s one. Clinton has two Aces up her sleeve, which is interesting given that if she wins, she will be the FIRST female President of the United States.
Clinton is represented by a total of four Earth cards (counting The Hierophant, associated with the Earth sign Taurus), whereas Trump has no Earth cards representing him. Could this have something to do with stability or dependability?
Trump has a total of two Cups (Water) cards to Clinton’s one. Trump has a big lead in the Fire and Air category with nine cards to Clinton’s five.
Beyond that, I will let you make your own explorations and form your own conclusions.
* Note: Unlike the other four decks I used, in the Shapeshifter Tarot, Wands are linked with Air and Swords with Fire.