Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Week Ahead Reading with Mystical Wisdom

As promised in _my review of the Mystical Wisdom card deck_, written by Gaye Guthrie with art by Josephine Wall (U.S. Games Systems Inc.), I am doing a 3-card reading described in the guidebook that accompanies this deck.

This spread looks at the week ahead, with one card pulled for each of these positions: (1) beginning of the week, (2) middle of the week, and (3) end of the week. The purpose is to reveal “what will present itself for the coming week or what issues you need to focus on.”

1..............2..............3

(1) beginning of the week: GRATITUDE

“Be grateful for all you have.”

Such a nice way to start the week! I do believe that I am constantly grateful (and a bit awestruck) by all that I have in all areas of my life. That said, I don’t feel it is a crime to have ideas about things I might like to be different in some way. The advice from this deck is: “First, you have to ask what it is that you would like to receive or change in your life. Believe it is possible, then let it happen.” The mantra for this card: “I am grateful for life’s gifts of peace, love and joy.”

(2) middle of the week: FRIENDSHIP 

“Nurture your relationships.”

A lovely sentiment for mid-week. In this age of the internet, there are people I haven’t even met who *feel* like friends to me. We have connected in some area at some level, and I enjoy their “virtual company.” I have never been one to cultivate a large group of friends. I am most comfortable interacting one-to-one with individuals, having a few close friends. I have made a point of nurturing friendships that go way, way back to my childhood as well as forming new relationships. The mantra for this card: “I love and appreciate my friends.”

(3) end of the week: DRAGONFLY

“Live life to the fullest.”

This piece of advice may seem simple on the surface, but I think each individual really has to explore what it means to them. Some people might interpret it to mean that you should throw caution to the wind and jump with both feet into anything and everything that strikes your fancy or piques your curiosity. Don’t think about health or safety or other people’s feelings or anything but enjoying the moment. Personally, if that is what living life “to the fullest” means, I do not want it. The guidebook for the Mystical Wisdom deck points out that dragonflies are one of the only creatures that can fly up, down, sideways, and backwards. The booklet also tells us that living life to the fullest involves living “your truest life. . .knowing who you are and what you want…” as well as making “informed decisions.”  The mantra for this card: “I am emotionally strong and live my life without regrets.” (Well, that’s easier said than done!!!!)

2 comments:

  1. What a nice spread and set of cards. I especially liked the sentiments you expressed in the last card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna