Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Friday, December 11, 2015

In the Dream – My Friend’s House

I have many dreams that I remember. For the “In the Dream” series here at Tarot Notes, I describe a dream I had recently and devise a Tarot spread to explore possible interpretations.
In a recent dream, I am visiting the home of Nita, a woman I worked with many years ago. (I did visit her home one time, but it was nothing like what I see in this dream.) Entering her house in the dream, I find myself in a huge room with shelves from floor to ceiling. Each shelf is divided into many sections and in each section sits a small glass object of some kind. The objects are all different colors. It is night, and my friend has placed candles all around the room. The glass objects glitter and twinkle in the candlelight. It is so beautiful I wish never to leave there. I actually have tears in my eyes at the thought that I will have to leave.
For the reading I used Twilight Realm: A Tarot of Faery by Beth Wilder (Schiffer). To read my review of this deck, click HERE.

The layout looks like this:

(1) What type of energy will help me interpret and utilize the message(s) of this dream?
(2) What might my friend/coworker represent in the dream?
(3) What might the large room represent?
(4) What might the glass objects represent?
(5) What might the darkness of night represent?
(6) What might the candles represent?
(7) What might the entire atmosphere of the location represent?
(8) Why am I sad about leaving?


(1) What type of energy will help me interpret and utilize the message(s) of this dream? 
QUEEN OF SWORDS – To me, this card suggests that it would be most helpful for me to take a calm, reserved, and detached approach to interpreting this dream. Having experienced pain, this Queen has learned to face loss and disaster without flinching. She is complex, a characteristic that becomes clear when we notice that Queens in general are linked with the element Water, representing emotions and the subconscious. Detachment is helpful, but I need to also pay attention to how I feel about the dream and any subconscious influences that may be present.

(2) What might my friend/coworker represent in the dream?
TEN OF SWORDS – This card depicts an air spirit from the Unseelie Court hovering over a desolate battlefield. This is a dark spirit who takes pleasure in spreading desolation. I’m not getting a clear sense of how this could apply to my friend/coworker, Nita. Perhaps she is there to remind me of something that came to an end, leaving nothing but the corpse. Perhaps she is like the Ghost of Christmas Past, making an appearance to call my attention to that which is gone or dead.

(3) What might the large room represent?
JUDGMENT – As Trump 20 of 22, Judgment can also be seen to represent an ending, only on a larger scale than the Ten of Swords, and with a more promising outlook. In this deck, a Phoenix rises from its own ashes onto a new life path. The fact that the dream-room is so large and open tells me that the awakening or renewal I am likely to experience has far-reaching implications and repercussions, and that it encompasses a vast area or realm. The opportunity to rise onward and upward has never been stronger.

(4) What might the glass objects represent?
KING OF RINGS – In this deck, the King for the suit of Earth is represented by the Oak King, “a being considered more than Fairy, but less than a god.” We have the usual “Earth” qualities here, including industry, financial security, stability, and loyalty. Yet this King can also suggest materialism or gluttony. Do these manmade objects of glass – overwhelming in their quantity – indicate an overemphasis on possessions or the material world? And of course we know that, like so many things of this earthly realm, glass can break.

(5) What might the darkness of night represent?
SIX WANDS – This card is seen as a card of victory, leadership, or a possible journey. In this deck, the Six of Wands is the mythical Firebird. She is not fond of human beings, but when captured, she will lend her strength and magical powers to the one who has gained control over her. Of the suggested interpretations for this card, I think “possible journey” makes the most sense. Darkness and night can represent a journey deep into one’s Self or into a universal consciousness of some kind.

(6) What might the candles represent?
TWO RINGS – Here, a mischievous fairy sits atop a twig fallen from a tree, while the sign for eternity envelops the two mushrooms before him. My first thought is that darkness and light are opposites, and the Two Rings card is about duality and achieving a balance between two opposing sides or energies. The infinity symbol tells us that dealing with such dualities is an ongoing, never-ending process. Light and darkness both have their purposes, and it is up to me to seek ways to work with both to achieve harmony.

(7) What might the entire atmosphere of the location represent?
PAGE OF WANDS – In the Tarot, I view Pages as representing a young-at-heart perspective, innocence, and childlike brightness. Pages also often bring messages. In the suit of Wands we have optimism, enthusiasm, passion, and courage. I feel this captures the sense of wonder and delight I experienced in the location, a feeling of perfect safety, joy, and peace. It was as if the atmosphere returned me to a childlike state of mind.

(8) Why am I sad about leaving?
PRINCESS OF CUPS – The Princess loves peace, harmony, and beauty. These fulfill her and she sparkles and shines when surrounded by them. I am drawn emotionally to the large room with its candles and colorful, twinkling glass. I quickly become attached to the wonder of the place. Put simply, I feel like a princess. It is easy to feel beautiful and free in such a place. It is easy to understand why I am happy there and want to stay.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am a huge fan of dream interpretation and Tarot ;D The 10 of Swords in dream context represents in my opinion the melancholy or the rational search of something that doesn't work in life. The House, as from you described, seems to be your memory room :) that could explain why you felt so comfortable, it is just how you would imagine it. The glass objects and the king of disk represent to me the light of reason, your initiative to change something in your life and to know, that you can do it! the six of wands and the queen of swords tell me the possibility of an unexpected help from someone to bring changes in your life.
    Good luck :)

    Lumina (Candlelight)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How interesting! Thank you for those ideas, Lumina!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna