Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week at a Glance: Scythe and Lady

Follow up on Nov. 3 reading

Click _HERE_ to read last week's post if you wish.

My cards for the week of Nov. 3 from the Gilded Reverie Lenormand by Ciro Marchetti (U.S. Games) were LILIES (30) and BIRCH/BROOM (11). I also drew a clarification card: BIRDS (12). From my own interpretation combined with the comments on the blog entry, I watched for an argument [Birch/Broom] or misunderstanding [Birds] with someone I consider to be wise or perhaps an older person [Lilies].

The only incident that I see as possibly related is a very minor disagreement I had with my elderly mother about whether she should be trying to push a large couch across the garage floor by herself. (She wanted to sweep the floor -- hahaha -- BROOM, get it?) I live three minutes from her house and would have been happy to come and help her (something I have told her many, many times). So this type of conversation has occurred before, with me scolding Mom and her arguing that she doesn't want to "bother" me. Interesting.

Reading for Nov. 10

Now, let's see what the Gilded Reverie Lenormand says about the coming week.

Gilded Reverie Lenormand

We have SCYTHE (10) and LADY (29).

Like the suit of Swords in the Tarot, the SCYTHE cuts "both ways." It can be used as a tool or a weapon. Ciro Marchetti notes that it can represent "a call to action."  The LADY could represent me or a woman I am going to encounter or interact with. In her book The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle, Sylvie Steinbach writes that "Scythe + woman = decisive person, surgeon, leader."

It is interesting that based on the placement of these two cards, the Lady is gazing at the Scythe with a contemplative expression on her face, as if considering what she might do with that particular tool/weapon. I think perhaps I am going to be faced with the need to make a decision this week, a decision that could lead to "cutting something away" or "cutting through something." How will I choose to wield the Scythe?



2 comments:

  1. I see the lady as an adjective with the scythe. so perhaps decision making with a female soft touch.to prevent hurt and sooth the disappointment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like that idea, Ellen. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna