Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Ostara Tarot Blog Hop


Many thanks to those who got Tarot Blog Hop started and who organized this year's Ostara Hop. "Hop" is such an appropriate word when paired with Ostara. Why? Well, Ostara comes from Eostre, the Teutonic goddess of spring and fertility. Her symbols are the egg that represents rebirth, and the hare that represents fertility. Also derived from "Eostre" is the word "Easter." I say "Easter" -- you say. . . Bunny! (hop hop hop)

Okay, seriously, the goddess Eostre is said to "paint the Earth with new life" every spring. The topic for this year's Ostara Tarot Blog Hop is: "Ostara: Paint a journey with new life."

I'm just really feeling in tune with eggs and bunnies right now, so I designed a Tarot spread based on this easter egg, which I colored myself in The Print Shop:


(1) How can I paint a journey with new life using my physical body?
(2) How can I paint a journey with new life using my mind?
(3) How can I paint a journey with new life using my heart?
(4) How can I paint a journey with new life using my spirit?
(5) Who or what will I become on this journey?

I am using the Gaian Tarot by Joanna Powell Colbert (Llewellyn Worldwide). Here are the cards that came forward for this reading:

(1) How can I paint a journey with new life using my physical body?
SIX OF AIR - The card depicts a group of friends who have gathered to greet a new day. I can paint a journey with new life using my physical body by collaborating and interacting with my community, especially with like-minded people, in the physical world. Joanna Powell Colbert's Affirmation for this cards is: "I greet the new day with a song in my heart." By manifesting this song in the physical, material world, I paint a journey with new life.

(2) How can I paint a journey with new life using my mind?
TEN OF FIRE - Transition and transformation are keys to the number Ten. On the Ten of Fire we see a forest fire. Although it may be frightening and destructive, this fire is clearing away undergrowth and improving the overall health of the forest. I can paint a journey with new life using my mind by releasing or clearing away thoughts and ideas that are not contributing to my overall mental health, making room for new growth. Affirmation by Colbert: "I release what is finished, and clear the way for rebirth."

(3) How can I paint a journey with new life using my heart?
ACE OF WATER - What a perfect card for this position! Water is the element associated with emotions (the heart) and Aces represent new beginnings. The Ace of Water depicts this by showing salmon that have spawned in a deep pool. Salmon travel hundreds of miles to the ocean, then back to the stream where they were born. I can paint a journey with new life using my heart by following my intuition and trusting that my heart is wise enough to lead me where I need to go. Colbert's Affirmation for this card: "I seek my heart's desire."

(4) How can I paint a journey with new life using my spirit?
THE CANOE (Trump 7) - On this card a man paddles a canoe. He is focused on his goal, looking neither left nor right. I can paint a journey with new life using my spirit by focusing on my chosen spiritual path, setting aside any unnecessary distractions that threaten to deter me. In a very real sense, I must "paddle my own canoe," steering where my spirit leads me, aided by my guides and allies. I need to make every effort to keep my energy from being scattered. Affirmation from Colbert: "By focusing on my goal, success is mine."

(5) Who or what will I become on this journey?
JUSTICE (Trump 11) - On this card we see a person who has, in effect, become the scales of justice. In accordance with Egyptian myth, he holds a heart in one hand and a feather in the other. Justice is a card of karmic balance -- of cause and effect, of coming to terms with my past actions and accepting the consequences. Colbert points out that all of the creatures shown on this card are from an endangered or threatened species. On this journey I will learn to examine my motives and values, to seek justice, fairness, and balance in all my endeavors. Colbert's Affirmation: "I strive to be fair and just in my dealings with others."

I am loving the strong presence of cards representing "endings and beginnings" in this reading. The two Majors suggest the involvement of powerful, high-level energy. Joanna Powell Colbert's affirmations seem to fit perfectly. I plan to type them on a list and post it beside my computer making these affirmations my"Spring Resolutions" for 2012.

On this edition of Tarot Blog Hop, I am fortunate to have two remarkable gentlemen on either side --

The Incomparable, Mysteriously Brilliant J. Jordon Hoggard:

and 

The Wise and Eternally Gleaming Golden Child, Morgan Drake Eckstein:

 

12 comments:

  1. I so appreciate a spread that has us paying attention to the journey of body, mind, heart, and spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great spread for the whole of the mindbodybeautiful, a spread giving sacred place to each character. Thanks, Zanna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great spread, Zanna. I tried it and got the 8 of Swords, 3 of Swords, The Moon, The Tower and Death... and the quint is Death too. Time for total rebirth! Thanks for sharing and may you continue to be inspired by bunnies (too cute!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the spread, but I think I may like your Easter egg even more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your methods and have used very successfully for me! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Easter egg spread :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous spread, Zanna. Really love the egg and it is fun that you got the Canoe as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an awesome spread! I love seeing all of the different ones that people came up with for this event. Unfortunately, my cats dragged in a bunny today, so this was a bit too much for me to read. But once I can get that image out of my head I shall look this up again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You covered everything with your great spread! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fun to hear from so many people! That's one reason I love the blog hop. I get to visit places I might not think to go, and hear from people who might not have visited my blog otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice spread Zanna - very holistic. I like how it involves all those aspects of the mind, body emotions and higher self but what I like most is the last card as the potential for further growth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna