Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cards and Quotes: 8 of Pentacles


Each Sunday I hope to share a card from one of my decks along with a quotation that conveys at least part of the message of that card.

Today's Cards and Quotes features the EIGHT OF PENTACLES from the Crystal Visions Tarot by Jennifer Galasso (U.S. Games Systems, Inc.) The Eight of Pentacles is often considered to refer to an apprentice, someone who is working to hone a skill, hoping to become an expert. On the Crystal Visions card we see a woman at her spinning wheel, paying close attention to what she is doing. The quotation I have chosen to go with this card is under the image of the card.


"Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with
ardor and attended to with diligence."

- Abigail Adams (1744-1818)
Wife of U.S. president John Adams

2 comments:

  1. Zanna, this is brilliant! I have seen Tarot Cards paired with Affirmations, Crystals, and Herbs and lines from Shakespeare, but quotations sounds fantastic. I have a notebook in which I write my favorite quotations; it has been too long since I have spent time with it, and now I shall rectify that. And I now have my own copy of the "Crystal Visions Tarot," by Jennifer Galasso. One word: GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Robert. I can't claim credit for the idea of pairing Tarot cards and quotations. I imagine lots of people have done it, but I got the idea from my friend, Helen, who used to be the co-host of this blog.

    I'm glad to hear that you have your own Crystal Visions Tarot. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna