Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

ORACLE CARD

In addition to my 60 Tarot decks, I own a great many oracle decks. I love these decks, but don't use them as often as I would like. Every now and then, I am going to share a card from one of these oracle decks here on the blog. I hope people will enjoy seeing cards from various decks and will gain something from the interpretations of the cards!

Today I'm sharing a card from The Celtic Tree Oracle by Liz and Colin Murray (illustrated by Vanessa card). This deck was given to me ages ago by a friend. Based on the Ogham or Beth-Luis-Nuin alphabet -- a "tree alphabet" associated with the Druids, The Celtic Tree Oracle provides the name of the tree linked with each "letter" as well as the meaning used in divination.

My example from this deck is card number 2, Luis, Rowan. According to the Murrays, the name "Rowan" is linked with the Norse "runa," a charm, and the Sanskrit "runa," meaning a magician. The Rowan played a central role in Druid ceremonies and was said to protect against enchantment. When the Luis card is drawn, you will receive assistance in retaining control of your senses, so you can distinguish bad from good and harm from help.

The Rowan berry bears a tiny five-pointed star (or pentagram) opposite its stalk, which we see represented on the card. Note the Ogham symbol on the left and right sides of the card. This represents the letter "L" for Luis. As the second card in the deck, Rowan/Luis is associated with the second month in the Celtic Lunar calendar: December.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna