Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Interview with the Shapeshifter Tarot

I awaited the arrival of the Shapeshifter deck with a bit of anxiety, knowing its reputation for changing shape in the middle of interviews. I hoped I wouldn't be too freaked out!

When I went to answer the doorbell, I saw a pleasant-looking, modestly dressed young woman with flowing white hair. Much relieved, I ushered her into my sitting room. She seated herself on my sofa with a nod and smile, further allaying my uncertainties.

"Would you like a glass of wine?" I asked.

She requested white wine and graciously accepted the plate of cheese and crackers I handed her. Now we were ready to begin.

1. Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic? WARRIOR OF EARTH (Knight of Pentacles)

"Eeek!" I exclaimed as the young woman began to shapeshift into a unicorn. But her voice was soothing, and I soon sensed that I had nothing to fear.

"As the good queen Medb (Maeve), my most important characteristic is my ability to endure. I know that I am the pattern maker and breaker of my own existence. My earthly power and passion to create will help overcome any challenge or obstacle.



2. What are your strengths as a deck?
GODDESS OF FIRE (King of Swords)
Now my visitor changed again, this time into a half-woman, half-cougar shape.

"I am the Irish goddess Bridget. My strengths as a deck include the ability to spark the fire of your creativity, to empower you, and to provide insights that can help you focus your thoughts. I can be objective, impartial, and impersonal when those qualities are needed.




3. What are your limits as a deck?
WARRIOR OF WATER (Knight of Cups)

I gasped as my visitor shapeshifted yet again -- this time into the goddess Cerridwen, her body half transformed into an osprey.

"My limits are that sometimes my emotions get in the way, interfering with my ability to play to my strengths. I may lose my ability to see things clearly or may cause you to become overly involved with your dreams and magickal activities.



4. What do you bring to the table -- what are you here to teach me?
CHANGE (2 of Pentacles)

To my astonishment I was now looking at three large shapeshifting boulders -- part human, part stone. They appear to be mother, father, and child.

"What we are here to teach you is that the only way to deal with change is to realize that it is inevitable and that it always brings opportunities. We are here to teach you how to act upon those opportunities quickly and decisively. We can help you learn agility in handling several situations at once and harmonizing polarities in your life."

5. How can I best learn from and collaborate with you? PASSAGE (6 of Swords)

My visitor shapeshifts again, becoming half-woman and half-silver dragon. She breathes fire, and I fear that my curtains will soon be ablaze. But the fire does no damage. I notice that she now has a lynx with her.

"You can best learn from and collaborate with me by being willing to travel, to journey, to seek adventure with me. I can take you between worlds and help you ascend to spiritual heights. Indeed, I can ignite your personal growth and evolution. Seek the wisdom of the lynx, keeper of secrets and ancient knowledge."

6. What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?
INITIATION (The Fool)

No longer half-woman, half-dragon, my guest is now half-man, half-dragon.

"Our working relationship has enormous positive potential. Together we manifest powerful dragon energy, spiritual strength, determination, and courage. As you learn to control your willpower in order to accomplish your goals and desires, you will see a multitude of possibilities and new beginnings. We can travel through many cycles together, walking the path of magick."

In the blink of an eye, the modestly dressed young woman stood again before me. I thanked her for taking the time to answer my questions and she left.

Now that she's gone, I see that I have quite a bit of cleaning up to do...

6 comments:

  1. I loved this interview. She seems to be a creative and inspiring deck, and great fun to have interviewed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, that was a lovely interview. I have been thinking about getting this deck because it is so beautiful but read some negative reviews on 'Tarot Passages' so postponed it. (Plus I don't really need another deck).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi quiet, nice to see you!

    I think zanna did a great job with this interview. I don't have this deck either, but it looks to be a lovely deck. I guess Zanna can tell us what she thinks of this, but right now she is sleeping across the other side of the world! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello quiet! This is one of the first decks I owned. I hesitate to recommend it to others because I, too, have read and heard a few negative comments. However, personally, I love it. When I use it in a reading for a client, I always feel that it gives clear messages -- but maybe that is because I (as the reader) have an affinity with the deck! I suppose it depends a lot on exactly what you are trying to do with the cards.

    Blessings,
    Zanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi zanna...how you interview them ? Is it like a special sight or senses? This is my first deck too..but i still got difficulties to read the card's message . I am a beginner .... they said this deck isnt suitable for a beginner. Hope you post more about this deck .. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To do this interview, I used intuition, along with my understanding and knowledge of Tarot, combined with a dash of humor and creativity. I feel the most important thing with an interview like this is to have fun with it!

      I do feel that you might want to be familiar with a more traditional deck, such as the Rider-Waite-Smith, before working with a deck that departs quite a lot from the traditional symbolism. However, that is something only you can decide.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna