Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Mercury Retrograde Reading with the Celestial Tarot

What is your reaction when you hear the term “Mercury retrograde”?

(a) Huh? What’s that?
(b) Oh no! I’m doomed! Nothing will go right!
(c) Something in between

As an astrologer, I am very familiar with Mercury turning retrograde (appearing to move backwards in the sky) several times a year. It’s retrograde even as I type this (July 7-July 31).

Mercury is the planet of the mind and communication, so it’s pretty obvious that if it “moves backwards,” all manner of thinking and communication could be jumbled, confusing, erroneous, and downright disastrous. The current Mercury retrograde started out in Leo and then sashayed backwards into Cancer, which also affects the effects one might expect to experience.

I am delighted to share a Tarot spread that I recently heard about through Bridget at _Biddy Tarot_  : The Mercury Retrograde Spread by _Liz Worth_. Her positional definitions are based on the nature of Mercury retrograde as well as the energies we associate with Leo and Cancer.


Liz has graciously allowed me to post the spread here. The Celestial Tarot by Kay Steventon and Brian Clark (U.S. Games Systems, Inc.) insisted on participating in this reading with me, and I agreed that it made a great deal of sense.


1. What is it time for me to value within myself?

FOUR OF CUPS / Serpens
The zodiac sign linked with this card is Scorpio (Water), whose modern ruler is Pluto. There is a sense of loss, disappointment, and grief in the Four of Cups, and most likely these feelings are deep and powerful. It is time for me to value those feelings – not so I can wallow in them or use them as an excuse, but so that I can honor them as real and useful to my current-day Self.

2. How can this help me shine in the world?

SEVEN OF WANDS / Lyra
With this card we enter into the first decanate of Sagittarius (my Sun sign), ruled by Jupiter. The energy is that of strong conviction and determination to defend that which is valued against all attacks. Both Jupiter and Sagittarius (Fire) carry the confidence and power to handle this sort of thing quite well. This is about reaffirming my beliefs and goals in the face of adversity, and that is how I can shine in the world.

3. Which of my needs is most important to focus on to support my path at this time?

ACE OF PENTACLES / Sagitta
Another reference to my Sun sign, Sagittarius, comes in the form of the constellation Sagitta. With Aces often representing new beginnings and the suit of Pentacles being the suit of Earth (physical, material world), it is important for me to focus on a new direction or plan on the material, physical plane. This could refer to health or to finances, for example. Ruling this card are the sign Capricorn (Earth) and its ruler, Saturn. It’s all about structure, discipline, ambition, and achievement – and how I can use that to support and enhance my spiritual and creative nature.

During this Mercury retrograde, the consecutive signs Scorpio, Sagittarius, and Capricorn form a trio of diverse energies that can be channeled in my chosen direction.

3 comments:

  1. Nice spread and a lovely positive reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's nice to look at that Mercury-retrograde energy in a positive way!

      Delete
  2. I believe Mercury retrograde has started a few days ago and will last till January 1, 2024! I already feel it :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna