Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Should I Buy a New Deck?

I have come across some awesome Lenormand decks for sale, self-published by the amazing Lynn Boyle, at www.etsy.com/shop/AquariusWellbeing . We all know that I already have enough Lenormand decks, right? (Right?) So what could be more fitting than asking one of those decks: 

Should I buy one of Lynn’s Lenormand decks?

I am using a system in which cards from a red suit (hearts, diamonds) indicate a "yes” or “very likely” answer, whereas cards from a black suit (spades, clubs) indicate "no" or “not likely.”

The Celtic Lenormand by Chloƫ McCracken, illustrated by Will Worthington (U.S. Games Systems, Inc.) has agreed to help me answer my question with a 3-card line. (To read my review of this deck, click HERE.)

And the cards say….


CROSS (36 / 6 of Clubs): NO
SNAKE (7 / Queen of Clubs): NO
WOMAN (29 / Ace of Spades): NO

So, my first reaction to this is: “Hey, who asked you?” Then I remember… oh yeah, I did.

Starting with the third card, WOMAN, I feel this could refer to me or to Lynn, the creator of the decks I am considering. The woman on the card faces and looks toward SNAKE (who faces and looks towards her).

In ChloĆ« McCracken’s guidebook for The Celtic Tarot, interpretation of the SNAKE card focuses on the idea of transformation or “shedding” something that is no longer useful. There is a female association to this card as well, along with the possibility that this female is either deceptive or simply making big changes in her life. If I am the female, is it possible that I am trying to “deceive myself” into thinking I need another Lenormand deck? Could the cards be saying I need to “shed” some of the decks I currently own before I think about buying a new one?

By the way, I do have several oracle decks for sale on eBay! Here are the links if you’re interested:

Journey to the Goddess Realm Oracle Deck: http://www.ebay.com/itm/122550482655
The Chakra Zodiac Healing Oracle: http://www.ebay.com/itm/122550482476
Art through the Starstream Oracle: http://www.ebay.com/itm/122549935479
The Inner Wizard Message Cards: http://www.ebay.com/itm/122549935192

Back to the line of three. Looking at the first card I drew, CROSS, I personally get a strong “religious” or “religion” vibe. Secondarily, I think of the expression “a cross to bear,” suffering under a burden. CROSS can refer to the ethics of a situation or to overcoming difficulties through spirituality.

Now, left to right:

CROSS plus SNAKE: I am getting a sense of the need to transform, change, or “shed the skin” of something related to religious or spiritual beliefs.

SNAKE plus WOMAN: As I mentioned above, perhaps a deceptive female or one who is making or needs to make big changes in her life. Self-deception?

WOMAN plus CROSS: A woman who turns to or needs to turn to religion or spirituality to deal with a burden or important issue in her life.


Well, then. Please do hurry over to eBay and buy one or more of the decks I am “shedding.” Perhaps then I will get the go-ahead for one of Lynn’s decks from my cards.

2 comments:

  1. I was interested in the cross/snake pair, if taking your interpretation for the snake as shedding, the cross could indicate that a self sacrifice has to be made for that to take place.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes a lot of sense, Helen. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna