Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Week at a Glance Lenormand Style

The purpose of drawing a "Week at a Glance" card is to get a sense of the sort of energy, circumstances, or personal qualities I might need to be aware of during the upcoming week.

For the week of October 27, 2013 I am doing something a little different, using the Gilded Reverie Lenormand by Ciro Marchetti (U.S. Games Systems, Inc.) The spread (available in the Little White Book that comes with the deck) is called The Fortune-Telling Day Spread by Tali Goodwin. Of course, in this case, it becomes The Fortune-Telling Week Spread.

The first step (after shuffling) is to lay out the top nine cards in a row facedown from left to right. Next, we lay out the next nine cards one at a time on top of each of the laid out cards, making nine piles of two cards. Starting from the left, I will read each pair together as a divination for the following aspects:

1. Someone I will meet, what comes out of that meeting.
2. Someone I care about, what they will do.
3. Someone who annoys me, what they will do.
4. Something that will happen to console me.
5. Something that awaits me.
6. Something that will help me.
7. Something that will happen, which is a surprise to me.
8. Something that I desire, whether it will happen or not.
9. Something nice.

Let's see what I get!

 
1. Someone I will meet, what comes out of that meeting.
Book (26) + Rider (1)
My first impression: news about a book or learning something new about news I have already received
Sylvie Steinbach*: "revelations, additional facts, new unexpected situations"
My interpretation: I am tempted to take the Book card literally, as I expect my first self-published book to be printed this week -- or at least to come very close. However, this could refer to any of my previously published books and someone I might meet related to one of them. I hope the "unexpected situation" is pleasant rather than unpleasant.

2. Someone I care about, what they will do.
Choice (22) + Flower (9)
My first impression: choosing which direction to take (which door to open), wishes for well being and happiness
Sylvie Steinbach: "multiple hobbies and interests, large network"
My interpretation: Someone I care about -- perhaps someone I know through my hobbies and interests -- is trying to make a decision or choice. I can offer my support and encouragement.

3. Someone who annoys me, what they will do.
Scythe (10) + Letter (27)
My first impression: cutting to the essence of a communication with precision, slicing a document open to reveal the core
Sylvie Steinbach: "request, notice of action, divorce papers"
My interpretation: Someone who annoys me may make a request or give me notice of something that cuts to the core to reveal the truth.

4. Something that will happen to console me.
Key (33) + Moon (32)
My first impression: finding an answer (the key) to something that has eluded or confused me
Sylvie Steinbach: "prophecies, predictions, psychic messages, apparitions"
My interpretation: Consolation may come through dreams, reflection, or intuition that leads me to an important discovery.

5. Something that awaits me.
Clover (2) + Dog (18)
My first impression: happiness and beauty related to a close friend or pet
Sylvie Steinbach: "good friendships, helpful people, positive influences"
My interpretation: Opportunities to experience happiness and pleasure with close friends or pets await me.

6. Something that will help me.
Bear (15) + Anchor (35)
My first impression: powerful protection, security, stability
Sylvie Steinbach: "financial stability, long-term financial goals, planning"
My interpretation: Being in a financially stable, secure position will help me.

7. Something that will happen, which is a surprise to me.
Man (28) + Tree (5)
My first impression: my partner or other important male figure in my life, putting down roots, growing, healing
Sylvie Steinbach: "religious or spiritual, health conscious individual"
My interpretation: Something surprising may happen related to a male friend or relative who is digging deep into his inner Self as well as reaching upward in search of spiritual freedom.

8. Something that I desire, whether it will happen or not.
Clouds (6) + Lilies (30)
My first impression: an unhappy, "stormy" time followed by healing and renewal
Sylvie Steinbach: "senior dependants, mental confusion, meditation"
My interpretation: An encouraging message concerning a desire to emerge from uncertainty or confusion (or to help someone else do so). Healing and renewal are possible.

9. Something nice.
Fox (14) + Child (13)
My first impression: trickery and innocence, a manipulative child
Sylvie Steinbach: "childcare provider, school employee, nanny"
My interpretation: Since this is supposed to refer to "something nice," perhaps my suspicions about someone being "tricky" or "deceptive will turn out to be wrong, and I'm being encouraged to believe the best and stop looking at things with a jaundiced eye. I also have plans to go to a restaurant called "The Fox" with my sister this week, where we will sing karaoke and presumably have a nice time.



* from The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle by Sylvie Steinbach

6 comments:

  1. I love this spread! It's a little bit of everything.
    This deck is gorgeous. Here in the Netherlands it's still not available yet :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ellen! I like this spread very much too. It will be interesting to see how the week unfolds.

      Delete
  2. Hi Zanna,
    Interesting reading, I hope you'll update on how the week goes :)
    Chloƫ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chloƫ. I'm trying to take notes of things that come up. Too often when I do this type of reading, I look back and can't see any connection at all with what actually happened. I think sometimes things do occur that are related to the readings, but I just can't see it at the time.

      Delete
  3. Interesting reading Zanna, although I thought the spread covered such a diversity of possibilities and to my personal taste was just a little large - still it will be interesting to see if any or all of this comes true. I can see you're enjoying your new deck. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know, Helen, I feel the same way about large spreads. I can't imagine using this one to forecast one single day! I think I will downsize it and use it again sometime.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna